Head of Office: Professor Dr. Kamal Uddin
Message from the Treasurer
For over 91 years, University of Dhaka has been advancing knowledge and transforming lives through high-impact, innovative teaching, research, and outreach initiatives. Our efforts are rooted in a set of core principles: excellence, honor and self-governance, innovation and collaboration in the pursuit of knowledge, leadership for the public good, and a vibrant breadth of academic offerings within and across our faculties. These principles shape how we choose our academic strategies, how we teach our students and prepare them for the future, and how we bring the knowledge, energy, and commitment developed in the University to the benefit of society through service. The Campaign for the University of Dhaka will power our vision of a great 21st century university. We will become a catalyst of positive change, fueled by hope, percolating with ideas, pulsating with the vitality of many cultures. We will be tough and determined, open-minded and optimistic, committed to our students and our community, to excellence and innovation, and to integrity and engagement.
We are ever mindful of the government’s budget challenges and understand that the state cannot spend more money than it has available. As we begin this journey, we must acknowledge the difficult economic circumstances of the present, even as we aspire to embrace the extraordinary opportunities of the future. I realize that achieving and maintaining this balance will be a challenge. But we cannot and must not neglect our responsibilities for today, or compromise our dreams for tomorrow — our dreams for our students, who deserve nothing less than access to a world-class education, and our dreams for a thriving Bangladesh populace, whose well-being is so intricately woven with our own.
1. Professional Position: Professor (October 2010 onwards, Department of International Business), Associate Professor (2005-2010, Department of International Business, DU), Assistant Professor (Dept. of Marketing, DU-2002-2005), Lecturer (Dept. of Marketing, DU-1993-2002)
2. Academic Qualifications: PhD in Development Economics (
3. Research and Postgraduate Studies: Title of the PhD thesis “Endogenous Growth Mechanisms and Foreign
Direct Investment in Developing Countries”. Postgraduate Research on “Japanese Automobile Exports in
4. Administrative and Community Participation: i). Elected Treasurer of Dhaka University Teachers Association (DUTA)-Jan.-Dec, 2012 ii) Elected Member of DU Academic Council- 2010 (Associate Professor category). iii) Member of Dhaka University Proctorial Body (2009 onwards--) iv) House Tutor of Banghabundhu SK. Mojibur Rahman Hall and Seg. Zahurul Hoq Hall (1993-1995, 2002- 2008) v) Secretary (2006-07) and Treasurer (2005-06) of Dhaka University Club, DU vi) Active participant of socio, cultural, political-economic development activities.
5. Scholarships and Awards:Merit scholarships from secondary and higher secondary educational boards, Comilla. University Grants Commission (UGC) Awards for securing highest marks in B.Com (Hons.) Exam (1991) in the Faculty of Business Studies, DU. Japanese Government Scholarship (Monbukagashou) for higher studies in Japan. Best PhD thesis award from Osaka University(2002). Dean’s Awards (Faculty of Business Studies, DU) for best researcher(Assistant Prof. Category-2005).Appointment and the Responsibilities of the Treasurer.
List of the Treasurers
1. Mr. M. Safiullah - 01.10.1977 - 31.07.1982
2. Mr. Syed Badruddin Hossain (Acting) - 14.08.1982 - 24.08.1982
3. Prof. Dr. M. Ramzan Ali Sarder - 25.08.1982 - 24.08.1986
4. Prof Dr. Abdullah Farouk (Acting) - 30.04.1985 - 07.07.1985 & 01.07.1986 - 31.07.1986
5. Prof. Dr. Abdullah Farouk - 23.09.1986 - 22.09.1991
6. Prof. K. M. Zaker Hossain (Acting) - 01.08.1988 - 30.09.1988
7. Prof. Dr. Shahid Uddin Ahmed - 13.11.1991 - 04.04.1995
8. Prof. Dr. M. Shamsul Haque - 08.04.1995 - 07.04.1999
9. Prof. Md. Shahadat Ali (Acting) -08.04.1999 -31.10.1999
10. Prof. Dr. Abul Hashem - 01.11.1999 - 22.01.2002
11. Prof. Dr. Syed Rashidul Hasan - 22.01.2002 - 21.01.2006
12. Prof. Syed Abul Kalam Azad - 04.02.2006 - 23.01.2009
13. Prof. Dr. Mijanur Rahman - 24.01.2009 - June 2012
14. Professor Dr. Md. Kamal Uddin- June 2012-
Professor Md. Kamal Uddin (PhD, Osaka University)
University of Dhaka